Cloud data management strategies for digital transformation
Everyone seems to be demanding digital transformation as part of being able to remain competitive. They want their organisations to be more customer-focused, competitive and strategic. Cloud data management practices can optimise your data use and create more business value.
Data drives all of those aspects. For many, moving data to the cloud supports digital transformation strategies for more accessible, efficient and flexible data access.
A cloud data management strategy which can help your organisation move, manage and use valuable data to successfully support digital transformation. Don’t let the concern for cloud security slow you down
Data, information and knowledge is a vital component of a successful digital transformation strategy. Without the ability to move data to the cloud, and manage it efficiently, you may be unable to realise your overall business objectives.
By 2020 It is expected 92% of our workloads will be managed and processed in cloud data centres. Merging digital transformation goals with a sound cloud data management strategy is imperative.
In keeping up in our frenzied business environment, it is essential to understand how to effectively manage information and knowledge in the cloud, to drive business value cost-effectively.
Without a comprehensive view of data and the ability to have on-demand retrieval, your business may be unable to meet evolving business wants and needs. It could result in a lack of responsiveness, reduced customer satisfaction, and a more limited ability to remain competitive.
How to advance your cloud data management
Use the following strategies so you can overcome barriers more easily. You cannot afford to have anything impeding the success of your digital transformation initiatives. Think of your technology partners as adding business value to the organisation. Work with them to ensure alignment on your data management strategy with your vision and objectives for the future.
- Enhance your information and knowledge storage and distribution
- Simplify data access for employees and other stakeholders
- Provide your customers with a better ‘help centre’ experience
- Become more responsive to customers, employers and other stakeholders
- Become better prepared for disruptions, and realise on-demand disaster recovery
- Move quickly away from expensive legacy backup and storage systems
- Be able to have a more standardised approach to marketing and lead generation
- Maintain consistent service delivery with diverse workloads
- Support compliance with improved business policy controls
- Break down knowledge and information ‘silos’.
Moving to the cloud adds business value through agility, cost savings, improved data access and better customer service. To get the most out of your move to the cloud, develop a cloud management strategy that will deliver on your organisation’s digital transformation objectives.
Develop this strategy using collaborative teamwork between business leaders and IT partners. As part of this teamwork, execute these steps to help move your organisation forward through your digital transformation.