Decisions about your digital strategies beat procrastination
Now you are well into the year, perhaps your objectives for the year are starting to fade. Let’s ignore the ‘why’ and look at using digital strategies to help you to create your best year ever.
We do not believe in the whole ‘New Year, New Me’ saying which seem to be pretty much everywhere each year. However, what we do find and think about is; it is as good a time as ever, to take stock of how you will progress throughout the next year. It is never too late to create better digital strategies as changes in the marketing environment take place.
Let’s create some better digital strategies
Not because there is a new financial year around the corner, but because you want to improve your marketing and have a better year.
- What is the most significant thing you would like to accomplish this year?
- What is the most significant decision about your digital strategies have you been putting off?
- How can you turn your ideas into a reality by improving your digital strategies
- What is the one thing you will do to improve your graphic design?
- What is the one thing in your approach to marketing which needs changing?
- Is there one thing you could change right now which would simplify your marketing?
- How can you communicate with those market segments which matter most?
- Which vendor should you ask to help you, and how will you excite them to do so?
- What is the one thing which wastes most of your time?
- What important technology skill should you spend my time developing?
- Are there steps you can take to improve the performance of your website?
- Are there steps you can take to improve the performance of your social media?
- What financial budget do you need to make the necessary changes?
- What strategies do you need to improve your content marketing?
Asking yourself the tough questions, and answering them, can jump-start a better outlook. As you become more aware of your interests and desires, you can create goals which align with what you want and need, while your problems and frustrations will start to fade away.
Same old digital strategies achieve the same old results
Some of these questions will cause more impact than others and will be more difficult to answer. Revising these issues each month will help to change your thinking during the year. Moreover, if you change your thinking, you will change your strategies, you will change the actions you take, which will improve the outcomes you achieve going forward.
What’s one thing do you regret about your digital strategy from last year because you could not solve the problems and make better decisions, and what do you plan to do about it in the coming year?
Keeping a journal of these questions and your answers will help you keep track of your progress. Dealing with globalisation and the rapid growth of technology and modern marketing starts by improving your website so you become more easily found and your customer experience keeps customers coming back.